You won’t need to be shot with cupid’s arrow to fall in love with this celestial cocktail from Stir and Strain. Heavenly appealing, both visually and tastefully, this Purple Halo Tequila will impress your guests all summer long. No smoke and mirrors here, just radiant fresh herbs, a hint of spice, and some subtle effervescence for kicks.
The slow dilution of the butterfly pea flower tea is gorgeous and is guaranteed to get some attention from guests. Get those cameras ready, because this drink is surely worth the snap. Cheers!
- 1 ½ cups Mountain Valley Spring Water
- 2 Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Bags
- 1 ½ oz Exotico® Blanco Tequila
- 5 Basil Leaves
- ¾ oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ oz Agave Syrup
- 2 oz Mountain Valley Sparkling Essence Blackberry Pomegranate
- Basil Leaf (for garnish)
Butterfly Pea Flower Ice Cubes:
- Bring 1 cup of Mountain Valley Spring water to just under a boil.
- Add tea bags and steep 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and let cool.
- Pour water into sphere molds and freeze overnight.
- Remove ice spheres from molds and set aside.
- Muddle basil leaves with tequila in the bottom of shaker.
- Fill shaker with 2/3 of ice and pour in lime juice and agave.
- Shake 20 seconds and strain into oversized coupe or double rocks glass
- Add butterfly pea flower ice sphere and top with Mountain Valley sparkling Essence Blackberry Pomegranate.
- Garnish with basil leaf.
- Watch ring form and enjoy.
See more from Stir and Strain.