We think one of the best ways to dish out some quality taco vibes is to partner with people like Elle Talk, an aficionado of Mexican delicacies who loves to spice up occasions with premium recipes. We love people who find happiness in their kitchens, especially when the process involves our delicious Exotico® Reposado Tequila.
Sweet, spicy, and salty come together in this traditional El Diablo cocktail, made with savory and sippable ginger beer. But it’s even better paired with uniquely fresh blackberry and jalapeño chicken tacos! Taco-about tantalizing the taste buds.
Here’s what you need to do to add some flavor to your next taco party.
Blackberry and Ginger Chicken Tacos:
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 Jalapeños (seeded and deveined)
- 1 ½ cups Blackberries
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
- 2 Tablespoons Exotico® Reposado Tequila
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Agave
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Water
- 16 Corn Tortillas
- Feta Cheese
- Red Onion
- Lime Wedges
El Diablo Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Exotico® Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz Crème De Cassis
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- 3-4 oz Ginger Beer
Blackberry and Ginger Chicken Tacos
- In a blender make the Spicy Blackberry and Ginger Sauce by blending together the blackberries, 3 of the jalapeños, garlic cloves, ginger, tequila, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, soy, and agave. Blend until smooth. *
- In a slow cooker combine all of the Blackberry and Ginger Sauce and the 2 lbs of chicken breast. Cook on high for 6-8 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- When your chicken has cooked, remove it from the slow cooker to let cool. In the meantime combine together cornstarch and water. Pour it into the crockpot with the Blackberry and Ginger Sauce and stir. Let it sit with the lid on and on high heat.
- When your chicken is cool enough to work with, shred it. Then add it back into the slow cooker and let combine with the sauce for an additional 15-30 minutes or until the liquid as thickened.
- Add chicken to corn tortillas and top with feta cheese, jalapeño, avocado, cilantro, and a lime wedge on the side.
* It’s optional, but Elle Talk prefers to strain the Blackberry and Ginger Sauce through a mesh sieve to remove the blackberry seeds from the sauce.
El Diablo Cocktail
- Add Exotico® Reposado Tequila, Crème de Cassis, and lime juice into a shaker full of ice.
- Shake for 15 seconds.
- Add ice into a highball and strain cocktail into the glass.
- Top glass off with ginger beer and garnish with a lime peel.
Read more from Elle Talk.