STONE FRUIT SANGARITA BY DRINKING WITH CHICKENS
What’s all that clucking about? Well, it’s probably Drinking With Chickens’ hybrid margarita-sangria cocktail – the Stone Fruit Sangarita.
And even though it’s two drinks in one, we think it’s twice as easy to make.
Simply steep a handful of cherries and some of your favorite stone fruits – we’re big fans of the pluot – in orange liqueur, sugar and the pinkest rosé you can find. Let it soak overnight (giving it a few good shakes here and there). Then add our amber reposado and a squeeze of fresh lime for the final margarita twist.
What’s great about this flavor combo is that it does right by any meal – slice through rich banana-walnut pancakes for brunch, pair with some late afternoon chips and guac or sip while you grill up summer’s last kebabs.
- 1 ½ oz. Exotico® Reposado Tequila
- 1 ½ oz. Stone Fruit Sangria Mixture (see below)
- ½ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- Several Slices Boozy Sangria Fruit
- Cherries, for Garnish
- Salt, for Rim
- 6 oz. Rosé Wine
- 2 oz. Orange Liqueur
- 3 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 4 Stone Fruits (e.g., Nectarine, Plum, Pluot)
- 6 Cherries
- Pit and slice cherries and stone fruits.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Shake and place in fridge overnight, shaking occasionally.
- Prep glass by running a lime wedge around it and dipping into coarse salt.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add ice, tequila, sangria and lime juice to a shaker.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain mixture into glass.
- Drop in boozy fruit and garnish with fresh cherries.
See more from Drinking with Chickens.