SPICY MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
For adventurous souls who crave a little more kick from their cocoa, our friend Arsenic Lace has created a Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate that takes the classic up a notch by going south of the border.
Spiced with chili powder, cayenne and cinnamon, this bold twist on hot chocolate delivers heat in more ways than one. Combine it with the peppery notes and 100% blue agave sweetness of Exotico® Blanco Tequila, and you’ll be asking, “What windchill?”
And, while you may think it couldn’t get any better, it most definitely can. Top it off with a blanket of mini marshmallows for an extra sweet and spicy remedy to the winter blues.
(Makes 2 cups)
- 2 c. Milk
- 4 oz. Exotico® Tequila
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp. Demerara Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp. Chili Powder
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Cayenne (Optional))
- Bittersweet Chocolate Shavings, for Garnish
- Marshmallows, for Garnish
- Whisk cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, chili and cayenne together until combined.
- Add your milk to a small saucepan and place on the stove over low heat.
- Add in your dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are incorporated and the cocoa has melted into the milk, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in your vanilla extract.
- Add 2 oz. of Exotico Tequila to your serving vessel, and then pour the hot chocolate.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows and chocolate shavings.
See more from Arsenic Lace.