CRANBERRY ORANGE MARMALADE SOUR
In the cocktail world, the classic combination of sweet ‘n’ sour is certainly one of our favorites.
Thanks to award-winning mixologist Arsenic Lace and her lip-smacking Cranberry Orange Marmalade Sour, it’s now our jam. Literally.
This twist on a tequila sour is teeming with robust flavor – from the introduction of homemade cranberry syrup to the dollop of orange marmalade. These fruit fusions play beautifully with lemon juice and the peppery expression of Exotico® Tequila. Top it off with delightfully fragrant rosemary aromatics, and you have a wonderfully tart cocktail that provokes your senses with every sip.
Never made your own cranberry syrup? No worries. All you need is sugar, water and cranberries. Simply simmer, cool and strain your way to a homemade ingredient everyone will be asking about.
- 2 oz. Exotico® Tequila
- ¾ oz. Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz. Cranberry Syrup*
- 1 Heaping Barspoon of Orange Marmalade
- Sprig of Rosemary, for Garnish
- For the cranberry syrup
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. Water
- 1 c. Fresh Cranberries
For the cranberry syrup:
- Add sugar, water and cranberries to a saucepan and simmer on low heat. Stir frequently until all cranberries have started to pop.
- After the cranberries have fully cooked, about 10 minutes, the syrup should be looking bright red. Remove from heat and let completely cool.
- Strain out cranberries and store syrup in a bottle or jar in the refrigerator.
For the cocktail:
- Add tequila, lemon, cranberry syrup and orange marmalade to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
See more from Arsenic Lace.