As if the weather isn’t doing it for us, we’re kicking up the heat a notch with The Cookie Rookie’s Spicy Cucumber Jalapeño Margaritas. This cocktail serves up a balance of cool cucumber with just the right amount of kick from the jalapeño for a refreshing, Instagram-worthy crowd-pleaser.
Equal parts fresh and delicious, this margarita recipe is easier to make than you might think and ideal for any summer celebration. This cocktail is right at home poolside or paired with your favorite summer snacks.
We agree that the most important ingredient in a good margarita is the tequila, and we are thrilled that 100% blue agave Exotico is The Cookie Rookie’s go-to brand. The smooth and smoky notes of our Reposado mix naturally with the flavors of cucumber and jalapeño without overwhelming the flavor.
Give this recipe a try for your next summer gathering and let the compliments roll in.
- ¼ c. Water
- ¼ c. Fresh Lime Juice (juice from 3 limes)
- ½ c. Sugar
- ¼ c. Fresh Cilantro, Whole (not chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper, Sliced in Half (lengthwise)
- 2 Large Cucumbers, Sliced
- 1 c. Exotico Reposado Tequila
- ½ c. Triple Sec
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring water, lime juice, sugar, cilantro, and jalapeño to a boil. Stir to make sure sugar dissolves. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl, removing the jalapeño and cilantro. Allow chilling in the fridge.
- While Jalapeño Simple Syrup is chilling, puree cucumbers in a high powered blender.
- Strain the cucumber puree through a fine-mesh metal strainer, pressing down to get all the liquid. Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve, add jalapeño simple syrup and cucumber juice to a pitcher. Add the tequila and triple sec and stir to combine.
- Pour over ice into cilantro salt-rimmed glasses and top with cucumber slices.
Note: If you’d prefer a less spicy route, remove the seeds from the jalapeño before adding it to the saucepan.
Read more from The Cookie Rookie.