HARVEST MARGARITA BY ARSENIC LACE
Margs never go out of season, says our pretty-in-pink blogger partner and award-winning beverage maven Natalie over at Arsenic Lace. And we couldn’t agree more with this autumnal twist on the citrus summer bar star.
This crisp sipper is crafted using a few exceptional ingredients – a fragrant spiced agave syrup, tart fresh lime juice, two dashes of Angostura bitters and 100% blue agave Exotico® Blanco Tequila.
Garnished with a lime wheel and a cinnamon-salt rim, the Harvest Margarita is sure to bring warmth to all your fall season gatherings.
For this fall-infused cocktail, swap out traditional triple sec for a homemade spiced agave that will sweeten your drink and fill your home with the scents of cloves and cinnamon.
Delight your guests by serving with earthy hors d’oeuvres and a heartwarming flick. Pair with a peppercorn pink background for pics that will make your Instagram followers drool.
- 2 oz. Exotico® Blanco Tequila
- ¾ oz. Spiced Agave Syrup (Instructions Below)
- 1 c. Agave
- ½ c. Water
- 8 Whole Allspice Berries
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks or Cinnamon Bark
- 3 Star Anise
- ¾ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Equal Parts Salt and Cinnamon, For Rim
- Lime Wheel and Star Anise, for Garnish
For the spiced agave syrup:
- Add agave, water and spices to a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until the syrup smells fragrant.
- Remove from heat, let completely cool and strain/discard the spices.
- Store in a container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For the cocktail:
- Add tequila, spiced agave syrup, fresh lime juice and Angostura bitters to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a double rocks glass over ice.
- Finally, garnish with a lime wheel and star anise.
See more from Arsenic Lace.