La Muerte Chiquita by The Cookie Rookie
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. That’s right, it’s the Day of the Dead season. It’s the celebration from which our sugar skull was born. The festivities, the colors, the families coming together – we can’t get enough of it.
What better way to celebrate than with a cocktail made especially for this celebration? Thanks to The Cookie Rookie, that’s exactly what we all get. And let us just say, there’s nothing rookie about her concoction. Exotico® Blanco Tequila. Absinthe. Orange. Chocolate. And then some. She recommends using a cocktail shaker for 15-20 seconds to make sure all the ingredients combine completely. The result? A sweet and tangy cocktail with a flavor that pops, just like the the Day of the Dead fiestas.
Whether you’re inviting spirits over for the party, or just friends and family, La Muerte Chiquita is a festive elixir for the celebration.
- ¼ oz. Absinthe
- 1½ oz. Exotico® Tequila
- 1½ oz. Orange Juice
- 2 dashes Chocolate Extract
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- ¼ oz. Allspice Dram (Optional)
- 1½ oz. Mandarin Sparkling Water (Optional)
- Fill a small glass with ice.
- Pour absinthe over the ice to distribute evenly.
- Pour the Exotico Tequila, orange juice, chocolate extract, bitters, and allspice dram into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard for 15-20 seconds.
- Toss out the ice from the small glass. The glass should still smell of absinthe.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the rinsed glass.
- Top with a splash of sparkling mandarin water.
- Garnish with mandarin orange slices.