Watermelon the Exotico Way
We’re always up for a new way to enjoy one of our favorite fruits. Especially when one of those ways includes Exotico® 100% Blue Agave tequila. Introducing Gastronomista’s Watermelon Tequila Snowcone—an icy, refreshing way to delight the senses.
Let’s just talk about how gorgeously watermelon pairs with Exotico Blanco. These ingredients are an authentically Mexican way to cool down the palate before or after a spicy mole or favorite street taco. Exotico Blanco tequila has a clean, bright flavor profile that, along with a squeeze of fresh lime, balances out the sweetness of the melon.
Watermelon and snowcones are just too good to enjoy only when the pavement is melting. Fresh watermelon is available most of the year, so there’s no excuse not to go bold with your cocktail-making. A scoop of crushed ice, a shot of Exotico and your own fresh watermelon syrup is all it takes to get the party started.
Serve these for your next celebration, cocktail hour or Mexican dinner party in a fancy dessert dish or traditional paper cone. Then get ready to dig into what might be the most refreshing way yet to enjoy Exotico.
Watermelon Tequila Snowcone
- Makes one snowcone.
- ½ – 1 c. Shaved or Crushed Ice
- 1½ oz. Exotico® Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz. Watermelon Syrup (Instructions Below)
- 4 c. Fresh Watermelon Cut into Cubes
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 Lime Wedge
- Lime Zest to Garnish
- Puree watermelon cubes in a food processor or blender.
- Strain into a medium-sized pot and add sugar.
- Simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, and syrup is slightly reduced.
- Let cool, then transfer into glass containers.
- Watermelon syrup can be stored up to a month when refrigerated.
For the Cocktail:
- Scoop ice into a paper cone, small dessert dish or coupe glass.
- Pour Exotico over ice, followed by watermelon syrup.
- Squeeze lime wedge over the snowcone and sprinkle with a pinch of lime zest.
See more from Gastronomista.