Exotic Margarita by Gastronomista
In our ongoing quest for outstanding Exotico summer cocktails, we’ve partnered with an award-winning blog, Gastronomista. Its founder, Emily, is known for seeking inspiration everywhere. It certainly shows in her inventive cocktail creation and beautiful photography.
In the appropriately named Exotic Margarita, the tropical flavors of fresh passionfruit and lime are paired with Exotico Blanco and an unexpected serving of green chili liqueur. The result is a vacation in a glass with a kick, complete with a stunning garnish and Exotico-inspired skull accessory.
Gastronomista recommends fresh passionfruit for flavor and garnish, but you can use passionfruit syrup or purée for a similar result if they’re easier to find. The crisp, herbal aroma and spicy undertones of our premium, unaged Exotico Blanco Tequila accentuate the tartness of passionfruit to bring this lovely cocktail to life.
- 1½ oz. Exotico Blanco Tequila
- 1½ oz. Green Chili Liqueur
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ oz. Agave Syrup
- 1 Whole Fresh Passionfruit – Half for Mixing, Half for Garnish
- 1 Slice Dried Mango
- Cut passionfruit in half and scoop half the seeds into your cocktail tin.
- Add Exotico Tequila, green chili liqueur, lime juice, agave syrup, and ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a margarita glass that has been rimmed with salt and dried chili powder.
- Garnish with the remaining half of the passionfruit, a slice of dried mango, and fresh orchids.
See more from Gastronomista.