SPUN SUGAR FLOWER MARGARITA BY DRINKING WITH CHICKENS
This cotton candy-topped cocktail by Drinking With Chickens ringleader Kate Richards gives us circus vibes with a dash of sophistication.
Billed as a “tequila version of the classic Aviation cocktail,” the Spun Sugar Flower Margarita pairs a sweet botanical liqueur with the peppery tang of our Blanco.
With a swirl of Crème de Violette liqueur and a homemade cotton candy big top (everyone has a cotton candy machine at home, right?), this fluffy floral refreshment is a sweet treat best enjoyed with a salty snack like kettle corn. (I mean, yummmm.)
No cotton candy machine? No problem. But the only thing we won’t clown around about is the tequila. If you’re all out of our crisp Blanco, get some delivered to your ringside seats by ordering through Drizly or Caskers.
- 2 oz. Exotico® Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz. Crème de Violette Liqueur
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- Small Tuft of Floral Cotton Candy and Edible Flowers, for Garnish
- Start by making your cotton candy as per at-home cotton candy machine instructions. If you’re using violet hard candies, these are the ones Kate used, dropping six of them at a time into the machine (which makes about two small garnish-sized puffs of cotton candy). These can be made a day in advance and stored in an air-tight container.
- To make the cocktail: in a shaker over ice, combine all ingredients except garnish and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Slide pre-made cotton candy onto a garnish pick, and balance on side of glass (wetting the rim of the glass helps adhere it). Sprinkle with edible flowers.
See more from Drinking With Chickens.