Refined Sugar-Free Margarita By Plays Well With Butter
If you’re looking for classic margarita flavor without all the sugar, look no further. This light, refreshing margarita recipe by our partner, Plays Well With Butter, replaces triple sec with fresh lime juice, orange juice and a little drizzle of maple syrup for sweetness.
This twist on the skinny margarita may look a little different, but you’ll recognize the flavor immediately. And you can make them with just 5 ingredients. Bring these margaritas for your next get-together and see if your guests can tell they’re sugar free.
- 1 ½ oz. Exotico® Blanco Tequila
- 2 Juiced Limes (2 oz. or ¼ cup Juice)
- ½ Juiced Oranges (1 oz. or 2 Tbsp of Juice)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 oz. Club Soda (Flavored as desired-orange or lime would be great)
- Kosher Salt
- Lime Wedges
- Crushed Ice
- Rim a frosty glass with Kosher salt.
- Pour tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and maple syrup into the prepared glass over crushed ice.
- Stir well.
- Top off mixture with club soda and lime wedge as desired.
*Note: Flakes of Kosher salt are large enough to adhere to the rim of the glass nicely, without making a huge mess.
*Note: Plays Well With Butter prefers unflavored club soda because it doesn’t compete with the freshness of the fresh citrus juice. Flavored is always an option though.
See more from Plays Well With Butter.