Pink Peppercorn Jammy Beergaritas by Drinking with Chickens
For Cinco de Mayo, we partnered with hilarious and inventive blogger, Drinking with Chickens. We love the innovation she brings to all of her cocktail recipes, and we can’t get through a post without cracking up at those amazing chickens that wander her backyard.
Margaritas are a classic choice for Cinco de Mayo, but adding a few unique ingredients will make yours a fiesta to remember. In this case, we’re talking about jam. Drinking with Chickens promises you’ll take one sip and never look back. You can even provide a variety of jams in a DIY margarita bar, if you want to let your guests pick their own flavor.
Exotico® Blanco Tequila is perfect for this fruity drink. It brings out all the flavors of the cocktail ingredients without losing its classic tequila flavor that’s become synonymous with Cinco de Mayo.
- 1.5 oz. Exotico Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz. mango pale ale (or fruity pale ale of your choice)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs. mango-guava-passionfruit jam (or jam flavor of your choice)
- Pinch of ground pink peppercorn blend
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbs. salt blended with 1 tsp. ground pink peppercorn blend plus lime wedge for rim
- Nasturtium blooms for garnish
- Shaved, crushed, or blended ice*
*If you happen to have a shaved ice maker, Drinking with Chickens highly recommends using it for this. It makes for a really fun, slushy drink. So if you’ve got it, go ahead and make your shaved ice. Otherwise, you can just used crushed ice, or put all of the (non-beer) ingredients in a blender and blend with ice.
- Mix 1 tbs. kosher salt with one tsp. ground pink peppercorn mix in a small dish.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of the glass and roll it in the salt/peppercorn mix.
- Fill glass with shaved or crushed ice.
- In a shaker with ice, combine tequila, lime juice and jam with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Shake until chilled and strain over ice (or combine all ingredients in a blender with a cup of ice and blend until smooth).
- Add beer and stir all ingredients.
- Top off with ice if needed and add a sprinkle of ground pink peppercorn.
- Garnish with nasturtium flowers.
Read more from Drinking with Chickens.