How To Make Mojito Cocktails, Exotico Style
The classic mojito is a Cuban delight is made with rum, sugar, mint and lime, poured over ice in a tall glass. The combination of fresh flavors and effervescence makes the mojito a summer favorite.
The classic mojito consists of five key ingredients:
- White Rum
- Cane Sugar Juice (Some people opt for simple syrup instead)
- Lime Juice
- Club Soda
- Mint Spring
In the spirit of Exotico, we’re offering a twist on this iconic drink, especially during #ReposadoSeason.
For our Exojito, we simply swap rum for tequila and the lime for a lemon. Our aged, 100% Blue Agave Reposado Tequila adds a more complex flavor profile, making it even more appropriate for changing weather in the fall.
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 ½ Lemons cut into quarters
- 2 tsp Sugar (or: 2 oz simple syrup)
- 2 oz Exotico Reposado Tequila
- 2 Cups of crushed ice cubes
- A splash of club soda
- A few slices of lime or sprigs of mint for garnish
- Place crushed ice cubes, mint leaves, club soda, and sugar in a highball glass.
- Muddle ingredients enough to dissolve sugar and release the mint oils.
- Squeeze juice from the lemons into the glass, dropping ½ of a lemon into the glass.
- Add Exotico© Reposado Tequila
- Add a little more crushed ice
- Top with a splash of club soda
- Garnish with slices of lime or mint sprigs