Cherry Lime Tequila Spritz By Drinking With Chickens
This bubbly little fiesta in a glass is a summery cherry tequila cocktail created by our favorite feathered friend lover, Drinking with Chickens. Even these birds know a good drink when they see one.
We have a lot of fun partnering with Drinking with Chickens for her garden-inspired recipes, quirky content, and easy to follow instructions. Beat the heat with this simple twist on a summer classic that’s ultra-refreshing and bubbly as cluck.
- 2 oz Exotico® Blanco Tequila
- 2 oz Mountain Valley Sparkling Water Twist of Lime
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ½ oz Maraschino Liqueur
- ½ oz Fresh Cherry Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Salt (for glass rim)
- Sliced Limes and Fresh Cherry (for garnish)
- Crushed Ice made from Mountain Valley Spring Water
- Combine 1 cup of pitted, fresh cherries with 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, remove cherries, and smash them with a muddler.
- Set mixture aside to cool.
- Strain mixture into an airtight jar and store in the fridge.
- Run a slice of lime around rim of highball glass and roll through coarse salt.
- Fill glass completely with crushed ice
- Add tequila, lime juice, cherry syrup, and maraschino liqueur to a shaker with ice.
- Top with Sparkling Lime Twist and garnish with lime slices and cherry.
Read more from Drinking with Chickens.