Charred Citrus and Jalapeño Margarita by Muy Bueno Cookbook
We love this sweet and smoky Charred Citrus and Jalapeño Margarita from Muy Bueno Cookbook. Its fruity spiciness perfectly balances the natural smokiness of Exotico Reposado. Plus, your grill gets to serve a dual purpose.
Charring fruit brings out a natural sweetness and smoky notes to complement our aged blue agave tequila. Muy Bueno used the oven to broil the sugar-sprinkled lime and nectarine, but we like the idea of lightly grilling the fruit right next to some seasoned carne asada for taco night.
The charred lime is then muddled with a little jalapeño for a spicy finish and shaken with tequila, orange liqueur, and fruit juices. Bonus points if you have a shaker this pretty.
A combo sugar & salt rim is the perfect finishing touch.
Next time you fire up the grill, char up a few fruits for this fresh and flavor-packed cocktail. Serve alongside your favorite Mexican dishes for a satisfying summer meal.
- 1 Lime, Halved
- 1 Tbsp. Coarse Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- ½ Jalapeño, Seeded
- 4 oz. Exotico Reposado Tequila
- 2 oz. Orange Liqueur
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 1 Nectarine, Juiced
- Slices of Limes and Nectarines (optional garnish)
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, arrange slices of limes and nectarines and sprinkle them with sugar and broil them just until sugar crystallizes and the slices are charred.
- On a grill pan, char the lime halves until lightly charred.
- In a shallow dish, combine salt and sugar. Moisten two cocktail glasses with a lime and rim the glasses with the salt-sugar mixture. Fill glasses with ice and set aside.
- Muddle charred lime and jalapeño in a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and nectarine juice and fill with ice. Shake cocktail shaker until frosted.
- Strain drink into prepared glasses and garnish with broiled lime and nectarine slices, if using.
See more from Muy Bueno.